May 12, 2011
As part of our 2011 Outdoor Sculpture Competition, Art in Public Places (AiPP) will host Food As Art, a competition that challenges our local culinary community to create edible sculpture. Restaurants and caterers are invited to submit a sculptural dish, to be served at our Artist Reception on August 8 and judged by our 2011 juror, Lorelei Stewart. Entries will be judged on both visual creativity and flavor. Cash prizes will be awarded for first ($250), second ($100) and third ($50) place. Participating businesses will be promoted on AiPP’s website, Facebook page, and press releases.
1. Each partcipant must submit one (1) dish suitable for a cocktail party.
2. Dish must be edible, as it will be available to guests at our artist reception (we expect approximately 100 people).
3. Dish must be delivered to Bristol Train Station at 5 pm on August 8, 2011. The reception will begin at 6 pm.
4. Dish should be delivered in a disposable plastic serving dish, with disposable serving utensils, unless participant plans to stay and serve. AiPP is not responsible for returning dishes or utensils.
5. If dish requires serving, participant must stay to serve.
6. Participants are encouraged to bring signage, menus, or other promotional materials.
Click here to download the Food As Art entry form.